Samsung Galaxy Edge is one of the latest release from Samsung with great features compared to the previous Samsung mobiles. Even with the physical dimensions Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM – G925I is going to rock its fans. But the shocking issue with SM G925I was the unavailability of the rooting Samsung Galaxy Edge SM–G925I. But you do not need to bother so far. Chainfire has released it latest CF Auto Root to root Samsung Galaxy Edge SM–G925I with a complete package including the firmware(we will use SM-G920F package). But to root your Samsung Galaxy Edge SM – G925I you need to update your firmware file to OC5. If you still possess OC1 firmware you will fail Samsung Galaxy Edge SM – G925I CF Auto Root. Therefore you have to download Chainefire’s root package for SM-G925F.
Update: Check PingPong Root method for easy root and without tripping KNOX
CF Auto Root Samsung Galaxy Edge SM – G925I rooting is only compatible with unlocked 32 bit or 64 bit devices from India, Australia, Latin America, United States, Singapore and North America. It is strictly recommend that you must check your device model number before proceeds with Samsung Galaxy Edge SM–G925I rooting with CF Auto Root. Go to “Settings” >”About” and check whether your model number is SM–G925I. Then only you can start CF Auto Root Samsung Galaxy Edge SM – G925I Rooting.
Samsung Galaxy Edge SM–G925I CF Auto Root Important Facts
- Download Chainefire’s auto root package for your mobile on Firmware build number
- Download for OC1 Firmware
- Download for OC5 Firmware
- If your device’s firmware is equal or greater than OD1 then downgrade it into OC1 or OC5 and download the firmware
- Go to “Settings” > “Developer Option” and enable “USB Debugging”
- Disable “Verify App via USB” in Developer Option
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers for your computer
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Edge SM – G925I Using CF Auto Root Complete Tutorial
- Download CF Auto Root package for Samsung Galaxy Edge SM–G925I and open the file.
- ( we will use SM-G920F package , use it your own risk , we have negative and positive user experience with it)
- Turn off the device and then press and hold Power + Volume down+Home buttons simultaneously for 3, 5 seconds.
- Connects Samsung Galaxy Edge and PC via USB cable.
- Run Samsung Odin android root tool as administrator.
- You will able to see ID: COM port is highlighted and “Added!!” text in Odin.
- Click “AP” and browse “CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925x.tar.md5” file.
- Click “Start” and wait a bit till installation completes.
- Odin v3.10 will start rooting Samsung Galaxy Edge automatically.
- After a successful Samsung Galaxy Edge CF auto root you have the root access and further you can check the root status with Root Check app.
Please Notice we have complaints from some users , some have bricked their device on the process. Read comment section for more info , use this on your own risk! It’s better to try Ping Pong Root method for Rooting Galaxy S6 Edge without any risks.